Saturday, January 19, 2008

In pursuit of my Interests

From my previous post, you all know am now working. Partly as a result of that,I am meeting a lot of people on different occasions. Each of them are new acquaintances and there is one obvious question each time during our conversations. Wondering what that is???
Well, nothing extra ordinary and nothing intriguing. Its a simple question --> "What are your interests ??"
You may laugh to know that this question,to me, is tougher than the toughest board exam question!! Wondering why?? Well, if only I knew an answer to this :(

Since the recent times, I have some really nice answers for this kinda questions. Sometimes I say--"Well, I cant really classify my interests into specific categories..", n sometimes I manage with a very stupid & helpless grin accompanied by broken bits of sentences that start with a "well..." and ends unwell :(

I closely have a breakdown after thinking endlessly about how to face such questions in the coming future!! The solution to this problem remains a mystery!! However, being in the IT profession, I have learnt to come up with a lot of work-arounds. :)

Initially, I decided I shall never make any statements that might somehow lead to such mind-cracking question during the conversation. Fair enuf?? Hold on.. I came up with better ones.. ;)

Next, I decided to sit for a day or two and involve myself in varied activities and see if some of those fascinate me. This i thought would help me with a solution directly!! Trust me, this was the poorest of all attempts coz it took me more than several days to decide what activities to indulge in!!

Then on, I decided to give up on this problem-solving . I thought I shall face things as they come and to not indulge in any preparation for the next encounter.This appeared to be a less painful remedy.

But Hey!! Stop for a moment.. if you can put one and one together now, as you read this post , you can make out some interests of mine!! Eureka!!! N what are they?? Lets analyze..

  • The persistent efforts to come up with a solution to even a problem like mine can actually called my interest in "problem-solving" :D
  • Then, my insatiable thirst for coming up with newer and better answers to the same (now, simple) question shows am a little creative too (Its getting better.. right?? ;) )
  • And my ability to analyze all these facts shows yet another wonderful trait of mine-- analytical skills!!!

Proudly I shall now say to all those people who will in future ask me about my interests that "I am a person of varied interests.. True to the observed traits of a Geminian, I am a jack of all trades and in the process of mastering everything.."


Do you guys also know this thing about me?? It the most important thing!! N.............
N.............. That is-I have a good sense of humor and a better skill in fooling people :D :D So are you fooled?? YES!! Wondering how??? heehee... Read on :D

People.. see the list of my interests!! Knowing me, do you find any bit of the "problem-solving","analytical" ,"creative" skills in me?? But i succeeded in making you all believe them!! Lol... I really am sorry but u r terribly fooled!! Lol..

But hey... are you fooled?And,did you believe initially abt my interests?? Or.. am I really good at all of those things??? OMG!! Am confused.. Am so lost!! Am more puzzled now than while answering the "Wat are ur interests ?" question!!


Can somebody plz help me know my interests???????????? ;)

2 comments:

Phenix2013 said...

Lol. Your blog is as confused as you are in real life! ;-) ... Why do I get this feeling that one day you'll convince your own self into believing that you really are confused about what you are trying to convince people about! Con-fused?
Good!!!

Hohohohhoohohohohohohohohohohohoho!!!

Sindhu said...

oh the Spanish Inquisition was for this?!
well i think analytical is true nways.. n i still stand by inquisitive. as an afterthought I would like to add pragmatic also :P